Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Renee Alberts Great Book And Reading



There Are plenty of poets in pittsburgh, thats one thing we don't have a shortage of currently--but a few which i think that are wholely original-one of those Renee Alberts --just published a book thru Speed & Briscoe press in Pgh.... No Water is the title of the book --I went out for the launch at the Andy Warhol Museum and had a great time --I had read the collection about a week Before and thoroughly enjoyed it but after hearing Renee read selections from it aloud that night --Immediately had the urge to re-read it There are a lot of great poems in this collection --it's rare to find such personal writing in a time of massively re-edited For public approval Books, renee and no water are both originals, Read This Book !

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Begnal said...

it's always good to get free wine at a launch....

8:00 PM  
Blogger Che Elias said...

we downed a lot
but
we
didnt get too sloshed i can speak for myself

not red bob

6:27 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

The launch was great! It was the first time I ever heard Holly Coleman read and I thought she did a terrific job kicking off the night. Writing comedy, good comedy, is hard. I would've liked to have heard more from the Renee, the headliner, but by the time she took the stage Andy Warhol was kicking us out. I look forward to hearing more from her and delving deeper into her book NO WATER. I'm glad I got to share the experience with you Che. and that the cafe guy let us get water after he was supposed to. Shhhhhh.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home